San Diego Wedding Planners – Kelsey Rae Designs
(Cover portrait by: Ashley LaPrade Photography)
We are super excited to start a new series of WASIO blog posts where we present the top San Diego wedding planners. Kelsey Rae Designs stuck out to us because she's been featured on the top wedding blogs like Style Me Pretty, 100 Layer Cake and Green Wedding Shoes. Also, her creative approach to decor really stands out.
1. Business Name: Kelsey Rae Designs
2. When did you start the business?: I started my business in 2014 in Connecticut and officially swapped costs in 2015
3. How many people are in your company?: There is myself, my lead planner, Courtney, and a couple of assistants!
4. How many weddings do you plan per year?: Averages about 30
5. What services do you provide?: Final details management (aka day/month-of) and full planning + event design
6. What is your most popular service?: Full planning + event design – we take the stress of our brides!
7. Do you focus soley on SoCal or destination weddings also?: Most of our weddings are in SoCal, but we do plan several destination weddings each year. This year we're off to Texas and Lake Tahoe! In the past, we've planned in Virginia, New York, Hawaii and Oregon! Traveling is our thing!
8. What is the most extravagant wedding you planned?: I planned some insanely cool weddings. My brides tend to be funky, modern and a little out of the box. One of my favorites to date was at Wolf Feather Honey Farm in Temecula. There were food trucks, tepees, lots of garlands, and no cell service. It was amazing!
9. Tell us about any awards or achievements that you're most proud of: I'm the most proud of getting published over 30 times in my first year of business. I've been featured on the nations top wedding blogs such as Style Me Pretty, 100 layer cake and Green Wedding Shoes. These blogs helped get my name out there and sent lots of business my way…not to mention, THE coolest brides ever. I'm blessed!
10. Share the link of the wedding you are most proud of and why: I'm most proud of Kristen + Glenn's wedding because I branched out to an area I'm not as familiar with. I was able to take their styles and create a design plan that got us all excited! It was rad!
11. What are the top 3 tips for couples getting married?: My top 3 tips for couples getting married is 1) Get a wedding planner, it will save your life! 2) Figure out what is important to you and don't skimp on your budget in that area. 3) Don't be afraid of doing something different, be YOU.